I am sure we are all getting used to this weird new life of quarantine and social distancing for a bit. It is tough to balance everything in life out, especially working from home and with kids surrounding you at all time. So we want to give you this quickie:
Top 5 Quarantine Training Reminders:
- SCHEDULE!!! Just because we are in uncertain times doesn’t mean we have to make every day uncertain. The schedule will be your freedom. Schedule your life like normal and schedule your work, workouts, meals and walks. Whatever you need to do, schedule and prioritize it!
- Beware of the snacks!!! We are just steps away from our kitchen almost 24/7 right now and for those with kids…we have treats at our finger tips. This one is a 2 parter – first, it is okay to have some snacks!! Give yourself some compassion, you don’t need to be harsh and add to the stresses. Secondly, compassion isn’t a free pass to eat everything all day. We still need to have some structure, so be kind to yourself but be aware that this trap is there. If your goal is fat loss or weight loss, keep the goal the goal, just know it may be a little slower right now.
- Focus on what you can control and track your days – get plenty of sleep, fruits and vegetables. What activities and foods push you towards your goals? Make a list and start small. Do you need a daily salad, daily walk, daily meditation, protein at each meal? Whatever your life and goals dictate, start there and build them up.
- Keep your fitness a priority but adjust your goals. We want to focus on proper training but it is important to remember that in these chaotic times, the “GAINZ!!!!” may need to be put on hold. We won’t be setting many PRs and that is GOOD! Our bodies can use the reset and the lower intensity for a while. This is why with Trilogy Universe, our online gym, we have a balance of classes from strength to mobility to cardio (Bonus: Still NEVER A BURPEE TO BE SEEN!). Training should always be built around improving yourself and in high stress times it is even more important to remember that.
- Be kind to yourself! It is a stressful time and you are probably doing just fine. Give yourself a hug and a high five!